• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas milage

Inisadow

NAXJA Forum User
So when I bought my jeep I never had the intention of moving to federal way washington(one of the most traffice conjested areas I have ever lived). lately my gasmilage has dropped from about 15mpg to just above 10. Unfortunately I am forced to make a lot of short trips and am idling a lot. While Idleing I get the familiar idle searching were the idle falls close to stall then jumps back up to 600rpm. I want to know if there are any ideas for increasing my milage.

Jeep is at 2inches of lift 235x75xr15 tires all terrain tread. O2 sensor has never been repalced and it is a 1990 xj

Inisadow said:
So when I bought my jeep I never had the intention of moving to federal way washington(one of the most traffice conjested areas I have ever lived). lately my gasmilage has dropped from about 15mpg to just above 10. Unfortunately I am forced to make a lot of short trips and am idling a lot. While Idleing I get the familiar idle searching were the idle falls close to stall then jumps back up to 600rpm. I want to know if there are any ideas for increasing my milage.

Jeep is at 2inches of lift 235x75xr15 tires all terrain tread. O2 sensor has never been repalced and it is a 1990 xj

Definately replace the 02 sensor...and check the cat if you can...if its original...it probably needs to be replaced as well.

BTW...stay away from Rat City after dark ;)

cat is original and bent in nicely :( I was dreading replacing the O2 sensor that's 50$ I could spend on food :\

Inisadow said:
cat is original and bent in nicely :( I was dreading replacing the O2 sensor that's 50$ I could spend on food :\

I hear ya....

sounds like its time for both...I'm not gonna tell ya what a cat will run.

Got a buddy that can weld ? That will cut back on the expense.

some things I have noticed that help gas milage is if I drive 60 it gets alot better gas milage than going faster and I had a tire on the roof that sucked about 3 MPG now I am up to about 18-19 and I do about half city half open HWY.

Back