• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wanna go wheelin'

*Someone* might be making a terminal velocity run through Fordyce this weekend, starting early Saturday morning, going all the way through to Meadow to spend the night, then back on the highway Sunday.

Minimum requirements: one solid locker, 33's, and no whining.

Are you IN?

CRASH

Gary,

You can have my old 231 SYE if you need it. It's set up for a two joint driveshft, but you could buy the yoke if you wanted a cv style.

Meet at Cisco grove exit off of 80 at 8:00am Saturday?

Andy

Let's meet at the Eagle Lakes rd exit. Proabably an hour and a half for you. We'll wait for you. Here's some directions I wrote up a while back:

If you haven't done the trail then I would say start at the eagle lakes end and do the whole thing. If that is the plan then here are the directions: I80 towards Reno, Go past the Hwy 20 exit and take the next exit and that is the Eagle Lakes Rd. exit. Go under the freeway and follow the road about 1.5mi. On that road it will curve to the left but just before that there will be a dirt road going into the trees on you right and it is the only road on your right. Before that road there is a campground that will be on the left so look for the road about 100yds past that campground. If you cross a bridge you just passed it by about 200yds. Now take the dirt road back to a small parking lot. If you stop just as you get to the parking lot you will notice two roads on your right. The top road is a cool trail that will take you up to signal pk. and the one just below it is the one you will want and it will take you to Eagle Lakes. The one good hill on this trail is called driveline hill and you will know it when you see it. Don't be scared it isn't that hard. After that spot you are getting within a mile of the right hand turn you will need to take that is the start of the Fordyce trail. There is a sign at the split and it is the only real road on the right you will see but if you somehow miss it the trail will dead-end at eagle lakes.

CRASH

Hmmmmm.....the risk of serious dmage with open diffs is pretty high. Not to mention, there'de be a lot of tow strapping action.

CRASH

Sounds like a plan, When I did it before I started as cisco grove at around 9-10 burned through and came out that night, how is the water flowing?

From Dreamflows:

[b:2b2fb35571]Fordyce Creek Rel Fordyce Lake n/a WARNING [/b:2b2fb35571]

We'll see when we get there. We'll send Jack through first, since he's got the fancy snorkel!

CRASH

Back