• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hella 500s

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm lookin into gettin Hella 500s for the ol' xj. I've noticed they have Driving lights and fog lights. The driving lights can light up to 2900ft(or something) but have a narrow beam, while the fogs do up to 500ft with a wide beam. I plan on running four up top and two up front. What do you guys run and why? I figure since im running 4 I can get the driving lights for distance and aim each one for width..

I run 6 Hella 500's...4 up top , 2 up front. I used th efogs for the 2 up front and the driving for the 4 up top. I mainly went with the Hellas because they were super thin...need that for my roof rack.

Hella 450 fogs down low, Hella E codes for headlights with silverstar H4 bulbs, at some point I mayl put driving lights up on the safari rack but my setup works fine on my 98 the way it is now. Love the 450 fogs, lets me see critters on both sides of the road off the shoulders. The fog lights and E codes work together and were adjusted together to cover the correct areas I needed.

I have the $70 Hellas from VIP mounted on my front bumper. I'm not sure if they're the driving or fog version but I dont even use my high beams anymore, just the Hellas. By far the best lighing of anything I've ridden in.

Back