• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slip Yoke?

aueaglexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj and I'm getting ready to put on a R.E 3.5 super-flex kit. With this kit do I need to get a slip-yoke. Also what is the best size tires 31 or 32.
Thanks for your help.
aueagle :firedevil

good choice of kits.... i dont think 32's will work with that lift wothout some hacking and trimming.. but i could be wrong.. you must be reffering to the "slip-yoke eliminator" kit.... at 3.5" it is unlikely that you will need it.. but it is a smart investment if you intend to go taller in the future..
mike

My brother ran the RE 3.5 kit for a summer without the SYE kit. He noticed a bit of rattle but nothing too bad. He now has installed the the SYE and likes it much better. He runs 31's and has no clearance problems. I run 32's with the RE 4.5 and would not have any clearance problems if I hadn't lost the rubber snubber on the right front. Hope that helps......

thanks for your help guys

Back