• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

performance ignitions

unless you have a stroker, turbo or nitrous I believe everyone will agree it is a waste of money. Buy some good wires(Magnecor), a brass cap and rotor and keep your spark plugs fresh (don't fall for the hype of multiple electrodes/u-grooves).

i have the crane hi-6 unit with thier lx-2 coil and 11 mm wires-it DOES make a difference.like very noticeable off idle and at high rpms.i believe the other units dont do that well,like msd i have driven cars with the msd and am not impressed.

like the other numerous threads and opinions even with a new coil the 4.0 l inline 6 will be hardly affected... i have 8 mm wires and the accel brass distr. and the accel plugs gapped slightly over stock and my idle is very smooth and the rpms do not jump at all...thats the only benefit it beeter conductivity...i agreee with the only noticable effects have to be with a bigger engine... 11 mm thats a big wire

well yeah the wires are big I DONT EVER have to worry about spark loss or getting shocked for that matter.they have to be if u upgrade the spark dwell and the kv's that this combo puts out.i do agree that everones combo is different and what werks for one wont nessisarily werk for another.for me i find the crane ignition components are superior that say msd or jacobs.i do know that when i run the engine without it hoked up she deffinetly has loss pep and energy without the crane in the mix....

Back