• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the perfect streetable setup in your opinion?

BeJay1981

NAXJA Forum User
I spend most of my time on the street and am concidering some changes to my setup to make it more comfortable, less vibrations, noises, and all the other comon eccentricities of a lifted Jeep.

Currently I have a lift of 5 in front and 3.5 rear with 33's and no drop brackets, so its a bit of a rough ride. I have no lockers, and flex is kinda crappy because the tires are too big to stuff and i havent trimmed, and with 3 inch coils and 2" spacers it doesn't have a lot of droop.

So I was thinkin. Lower lift to 2.5 or 3 inches for a smoother ride and install front and rear lockers, and do some bumpstop work to get the most movement as possible out of 31's without having to trim too much.

What do you think? Besides losin a couple inches of ground clearance I think that with the lockers and a better tuned suspension it would be more capable than my current setup.

Or would a 1/2 longarm setup like a teraflex solve the ride issue at 5+ inches of lift?

What gears are you running? If stock, then 31s will be much better for you on the street.
Jeep on!
--Pete

there's some other things you need to consider, too. you didn't mention what kind of trac bar you're running right now, but at you're current setup you should have an adjustable HD one. even at 3", i'd recomend it from personal experience (bad flex, too limited of passenger drop). having a good trac bar also tightens up you're front end, which will give you a better ride.

Pete: I did have it regeared to 4.10s which did help out some of the sluggishness.

Matt98: I'm near orlando, send me a PM when your ready to get rid of those brackets.

Dfreeman: I had an adjustable one on but the TRE gave way but it was siezed into the trackbar and when i did finally get it out the threads on the bar were toast and it was filled with rusty water. So currently im back to a stock trackbar with a $kyjacker reloc. bracket. And I didn't notice any difference except a little more bumpsteer. I'm not anti-adjustable. But in FL where mud and deep water are "obstacles" to us, adjustable things only are good for one adjustment.

Thanks for your opinions on what to do, keep em comming! I'm totally all ears on what yall think, I know we all have our own ideas of what is the best.

My budget is somewhat limited so keep that in mind with your suggestions. Thanks again.

Old Man Emu heavy duty. Good ride.

Back