• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Wheels

i really like mine...i'm only running 31's,but they do not rub and it looks as if they sit/stance the same as the stockers did...i know everyone gets some positive offset when they buy aftermarket wheels for extra width and stability,but is the offset different on rubi's than the stockers???do the rubi wheels weigh more than a set of steel wheels???i do like the black wheels also...it was either rubi's or black,but i got one hell of a deal on some used rubi's...300.00!!!

Who said it was bad info? They were pointing out the common backspacing for Jeep wheels. Moabs (the rims found on Rubicons) are 16x8 with a 5 inch backspacing, as was mentioned.

I run Rubicon take offs and have a spare set in my shed. If you did want to put larger tires on them, they aren't hard to come by since 16 rims are found on quite a few trucks these days and they obviously make tires for those.

And a common way to fit larger tires on Moabs is to put some 1 inch spacers on your front axle. The rear isn't as much of an issue. Even Rubicon guys have found that they need more backspacing on the front if they go with 33's or larger.

Back