• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newer 360 in 97 CJ Engine Swap

Skeletoil

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy wants to know if a newer 360, say 94 and above in a 97 CJ that has a 6 in it now is a good conversion. How hard? Problems? Computer swap for sure.

a 97 CJ?

Skeletoil said:
My buddy wants to know if a newer 360, say 94 and above in a 97 CJ that has a 6 in it now is a good conversion. How hard? Problems? Computer swap for sure.

XJranger said:
I think he ment YJ.

Supposing that it is a '97 wrangler, and that you are removing the 360 from a Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 option, the swap will be VERY dificult at best. Nothing will bolt up, the transmission and t-case will need to be from the grand in order to use the Grand computer. More trouble than it is worth.

My advice would be to either stroke the 4.0 to 4.7, or supercharge it, or both :D. If you realy want a v8, go with an AMC 360 or 401, just get a painless injection system, bolt it in and go.

crazyoffroader said:
I think he ment YJ.
Nope, even then if it's a 1997 model, it's a TJ. Clarification from the original poster would be helpful here, as would moving this thread to "Other Tech" since it's not related to Cherokees or Comanches.

Back