• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CHEROKEE NO SPARK PROBLEM hellpppp!

jeepcj7304

NAXJA Forum User
Ok About A Month Ago I Switched A 96 4.0 Into My 89. The 89 Was An Original 4.0. I Used All The 89 Wiring Sensors Intake Exhaust Fuel Injection, Distributor , Everything. The Only New Parts Where The Block And Head I Went To Start It And I Cant Get Spark. All The Wiring Is Hooked Up Grounds Are On And All Are Good The Previous Owner Swaped A Msd Coil On And I Am Now Getting Power On Both Sides I Ran A Ground To The Neg Side Still No Spark I Gave Up And Sent It To A Garage And They Have Had It 3 Weeks I Would Like To Get Her Running This Year Lol! The Only Other Thing I Can Think Of Is I Used The Flex Plate From The 96 Could This Cause The Crank Sensor To Not Allow Spark At All Or Would It Just Run Bad Or Be Fine. Also I Arced The Alt Off The Block But I Dont Think That Would Have Shorted Th Computer I Need Help Im Stuck!!????

Last edited:
jeepcj7304 said:
Ok About A Month Ago I Switched A 96 4.0 Into My 89. The 89 Was An Original 4.0. I Used All The 89 Wiring Sensors Intake Exhaust Fuel Injection, Distributor , Everything. The Only New Parts Where The Block And Head I Went To Start It And I Cant Get Spark. All The Wiring Is Hooked Up Grounds Are On And All Are Good The Previous Owner Swaped A Msd Coil On And I Am Now Getting Power On Both Sides I Ran A Ground To The Neg Side Still No Spark I Gave Up And Sent It To A Garage And They Have Had It 3 Weeks I Would Like To Get Her Running This Year Lol! The Only Other Thing I Can Think Of Is I Used The Flex Plate From The 96 Could This Cause The Crank Sensor To Not Allow Spark At All Or Would It Just Run Bad Or Be Fine. Also I Arced The Alt Off The Block But I Dont Think That Would Have Shorted Th Computer I Need Help Im Stuck!!????
That's it. The 96 flex plate will not work with the Renix system.

Back