• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New exhaust system

DCB

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the market for a new exhaust system. Any thoughts? I want a nice sound but do not want any droning noises. It will be put on a stock (for now) 01.

Thanks

I did a search. Just looking for some new thoughts and ideas.

Sorry....
Thanks

hey, i have the borla cat back for my 2001. the kit didn't have the adapter flange like the 01's do, so i cut the flange off the old one and rewelded it to fit the borla. i believe they do make a new one to match the newer style xj's. it sounds nice, doesn't drone, and the warranty is great. it might be a little expensive but i believe its worth it. i also noticed a slight increase in power accelerating onto the freeway, and at high rpm's, but dont expect a race car. it does sound nice when you step on it though, and the engine does breath better. goodluck.

Don't waste your money on a cat back. Pick out the muffler you want and have a shop build it for your jeep after you install your lift and bumpers. the cat back systems only fit stock jeeps. I've had to cut mine up to fit and it hangs too low.
Mines the gibson for what it's worth.

Back