• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help quick

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
i just got back from the junk yard, and im trying to get the rear housing off of a t-case, well everything was going smoothly until, i go to pull it off, i had left the extension housing and the other "peice" connected to the rear of the case, and it wont slide off. I figured maybe there is a snap ring or something but i can tget the extnesion housing off to look for it. Can someone please tell me what im over looking. Thanks

scott

You didn't say what year the t-case is, but if it's 96+ there's definitely a snapring or two in there that have to come off in order to remove the tailhousing. You can still remove the back half of the case, but expect to have to pull the front yoke off and slide all the internals out with the back half.

Really, it's easier to just remove the snaprings the right way in the first place. There are two pry points on the 231 case that will readily accept a large flat-bladed screwdriver. As you're looking at it from the rear, they are at the lower right and top left next to the bolts. The RTV is usually VERY tight as well so don't expect it to just pop off with a little nudge.

Back