• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hard start, weird idle, any ideas?

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so here's the problem. My 94 country with a I6 and aw4 tranny has had a hard time starting recently. At first it catches, but then just continues to crank. As soon as I press the gas pedal it will start. hmm Also, once I am driving and come to a stop, it idles around 2k for maybe 5 secs, then goes back down to 900. Any idea's? the only thing i can come up with is maybe the iac. I work at pep boys, so I am going to put it on the scanner and get the specs on my tps and iac, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks in advance.
jamie

I think pressing the accelerator pedal to the floor puts it into a clear flood mode (I may be wrong). Mine was running like crap a few days ago. I replaced the CPS, fule pump, fuel pressure regulator and cam pos. sensor. The only way I could get the thing to start was to hold the pedal to the floor. I finally tracked it down to a faulty MAP sensor. It was pumping in more fuel than was needed. I drained almost 2.5-3 gallons of oil/gas mix out of the crank case.

Just something you can check and hopefully rule out.

good luck

chris

Back