• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanson Front Bumper

XJGrl

NAXJA Forum User
Who runs one? Any pictures? I am pretty much set to place an order tomorrow, but wanted to check here to see if anyone has any good/bad words or pics. Thanks.

XJGrl :sunshine:

I went wheeling with a guy last weekend that had a galvanized dipped Hanson's front winch bumper on his 2001 XJ. It was super-beefcake, and it looked sweet too. he had a massive Warn winch on it too! It looked awesome to me.

i've had the bumper for a few years now and have no complaints. great looks, great functionality. i don't think i've seen any bumper i like better.

Pat

here ya go, i think it's one of the very best winch bumpers on the market, but they are big$$$

ebay038.jpg

i've been pulled, i've winched, been winched, pushed on this bumper, and i have had no issues with the mounts or the way it mounts.

barillms said:
I went wheeling with a guy last weekend that had a galvanized dipped Hanson's front winch bumper on his 2001 XJ. It was super-beefcake, and it looked sweet too. he had a massive Warn winch on it too! It looked awesome to me.

That'd be me -- here are pics:
---
Bumper1.jpg

---
Bumper2.jpg

---
---
I've been very happy with the bumper. Pricy, yes -- but then again AFAIK it's about the only commercial XJ bumper that'll hold a Warn 8274 (though you'll have to pay extra for the bracket). I've winched out of 2+ feet of mud with it, and it didn't complain even when the winch was about to stall. As far as the mounts, IMO they're plenty tough enough -- I've pulled and pushed and haven't had any trouble.

Sorry that I never popped back into this thread!! I ordered the bumper on Friday and expect it to arrive this Friday. Unfortunately, Ill be down in NC wheelin' while my bumper sits on the front stoop :( The mounting brackets apparently require welding....not TO the frame rails.....I am a bit bewildered by how he says the mounting will work, but he says it is beefy.....The bumper is still totally removable, but for some reason his design requires welding....ill see when it gets here.

The reason I am doing this bumper is cause I have a gift cert....and out of the blue, someone offered to buy my old C4x4 bumper.....so, I cant pass up that opportunity!

I don't even have a winch to run right now....nor do I have a purpose for it (Jeep is getting me around NOVA right now)....so I told Paul at Hanson that I might be the first Jeep with a nice Hanson flowerpot up front.....he didnt think that was too funny.

Anyways....thanks a lot for pics etc.....Ill post some when I get it mounted up.

M

XJGrl said:
...The bumper is still totally removable, but for some reason his design requires welding...

The bumper mounts (on each side) to the three OEM mount holes, and then there is a also tab that goes further back and bolts in deeper along the unibody. This tab sticks out quite a bit from the back of the bumper. When I bought mine they explained that they leave this extension detached for shipping so it doesn't bend in transit, since it's just a tab of (albeit thick) unsupported sheet metal sticking out.

Thanks for the info......I am sure it will all make perfect sense when it gets here. Now I gotta work on paint!! Thanks....

XJGrl

Got the bumper...and finally bolted her on...looks sort of cumbersome without a winch mounted up there.

000_0392.JPG

XJGrl

I would be cryin' too if I just threw down that much.....this one was a little over $500 plus shipping....I won a $100 gift cert in a raffle and sold my old bumper for $150....soooooo, in the end, I only threw down about $300....I managed to bring it back down to normal people purchasing level.....

I would have liked to have the stinger done by them....but, we are just going to fab a little one up later on....the bumper is the hard part (time consuming)...the stinger can be as simple as 1 bend and done in a day!

We built my rear bumper w/tire carrier....cost us an arm and a leg in the end.

M

I reconize that place. I think it looks cool. Now only if my Mj looked as cool as your XJ. BTW this is Ping Pong

Back