• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints and Tie Rod ends

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Just a weird question, but is there a difference in the upper and lower ball joints between 84-95 xj's and 95+ xj's? Also, how about Tie Rod ends? Was there ever a difference in the make of them? I have a 99xj and I found some ball joints for $22 each but they're for a 84-95xj...can they be used for my 99xj?

53guy said:
Just a weird question, but is there a difference in the upper and lower ball joints between 84-95 xj's and 95+ xj's? Also, how about Tie Rod ends? Was there ever a difference in the make of them? I have a 99xj and I found some ball joints for $22 each but they're for a 84-95xj...can they be used for my 99xj?
IIRC they are all the same

Thanks a bunch! Ha! Autozone can eat a big one now with their $78 one!

53guy said:
Thanks a bunch! Ha! Autozone can eat a big one now with their $78 one!
$78 one?? what were you buying? Ball joints cost me under $30 each and same goes for the tre's. The only thing that I could think of that would be in teh neighbourhood of $78 would be the knuckle end of the draglink.

yeah, that was the one. and it was supposedly the better quality one. duralast or whatever. ok. na, i think i'll stick to 4wd.com with my stuff. Who is tre? never heard of them.

53guy said:
yeah, that was the one. and it was supposedly the better quality one. duralast or whatever. ok. na, i think i'll stick to 4wd.com with my stuff. Who is tre? never heard of them.

tre = tie rod ends

Back