• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie questions

sean00xj

NAXJA Forum User
1. I might be coming alone, is it alright not having a 'spotter?'

2. Lunches and dinner, Is slick rock in the middle of nowhere or will I be able to get sandwich/ dinner supplies nearby? Are there BBQ pits, do I need charcoal?

3. Beer, how to keep cold? Can i get ice near by?

4. Anything I would need for my tentsite beside a sleeping bag, tent, and a flashlight?

5. If I do brake something are there 4x4 shops around?

Thanks for your help, I'll buy you a beer

sean00xj said:
1. I might be coming alone, is it alright not having a 'spotter?'

2. Lunches and dinner, Is slick rock in the middle of nowhere or will I be able to get sandwich/ dinner supplies nearby? Are there BBQ pits, do I need charcoal?

3. Beer, how to keep cold? Can i get ice near by?

4. Anything I would need for my tentsite beside a sleeping bag, tent, and a flashlight?

5. If I do brake something are there 4x4 shops around?

Thanks for your help, I'll buy you a beer

You don't need a spotter.

We stay in the town of Moab, so there is everything available that you could want. Plenty of places to eat, planty of gas stations and convenience stores, and we start the runs each moring in the parking lot of a very good grocery store. The camp ground has all the amenities, including laundry and a swimming pool. There are also parts stores and repair shops, including 4x4 shops, in town.

sean00xj said:

Well now...

At first I thought that said "testicle!" I was wondering why it wasn't plural!

:cheers:

Sequoia

Another question:I might be leaving mid afternoon on Tuesday to go to grand junction then return, Does anyone know if either the medium or easy trail will allow me to bug out at any time, are either the easy or medium trails close to the road? Thanks again for the help.

the medium/easy trail can be bailed out on in lots of places. Most of the highway is in sight most of the time.

sean00xj said:
Another question:I might be leaving mid afternoon on Tuesday to go to grand junction then return, Does anyone know if either the medium or easy trail will allow me to bug out at any time, are either the easy or medium trails close to the road? Thanks again for the help.

Back