• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

direct fit cat converter??

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
who carries a direct fit/replacement cat for 98 xj's??? I would prefer to just replace my rattle can with a stock replacement....

thanks!

Try Summit Racing. I have bought direct fits for 87 and 88 XJs and MJ. I'm sure the 98 takes a different unit, but I expect that Summit will have it.

langer1 said:
Any jeep dealer, if you want a stock one.
Make sure to bring your own jar of vaseline to the dealership if you go this route as an oem cat will cost a few hundred bucks. You can't beat $50 shipped for a Car Sound/Magnaflow from ebay + $8 for a peice of 2.25" exhaust pipe to make it "direct fit".

I just bought a converter from Performance Curve with free shipping. I also got a Force Pro-Series muffler (similar to flowmaster) from Jegs for 39.97 shipped. My converter was for a 96 XJ, but according to Summit, a 96 & 98 XJs Catco direct fit converters have the same part no. and the above converter should work with your 98. I went with the Magnaflow due to price plus it won't cost that much for a muffler shop to install it and I need new exhaust from the head pipe back.

Back