• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will they fit?

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Friend of mine is looking at getting a set of rims from an xj for his 89 dodge dakota pickup truck. As far as I knew the bolt patterns are different so they won't match up. Am I right or wrong. Thanks.

Kim.

They might work, I am not sure when they changed to six lug, but the early Dakotas were 5 on 4.5 just like XJs, even 4x4 Dakotas. My 92 XJ ( which I just picked up for a grand total of FREE, needs a freeze plug and the previous owner didn't feel like doing the work) is sitting on 15x8 Outlaws that were originally on a Dakota.

Any musclecar era and later mid size Mopar (B-Bodies like the Charger, Cornet, Roadrunner, Belvedere, Satilite, etc the E-Bodies Challenger and Cuda, and M-Bodies like the Diplomat Grand Fury, New Yorker/5th Ave etc) and some Ford rims (don't know nearly as much on those though) should fit XJ's as well, and the B/E-body wheels have a little more offset as well.

you might have some brake clearance issues - possbly with the 5-1/4" backspacking on the jeep rims...

just a tought that should be inspected for before the sale is made...

Back