• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sloppy stearing

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
My stearing is so sloppy. I can turn the wheel a good amount from side to side without any actual turning happening. I suppose I should check all the linkage. I had a lot of it torn a part before but it seemed fine. Guess I'll have to look closer. Anyone else dealt with/have this problem?

What are you running for steering? Stock I'm guessing, but if it's modified at all that makes a difference.

If it is stock, is it just the usual "flat spot" in the steering when the linkage is slightly rotating to turn from left to right or right to left? It sounds to me like that's what it is...

yeah, i've got mine lifted, and, i too have the flat spot in the steering. And, my buddy whose lifted as well also has that problem. If your steering is stock, it's just something to get used to. But, if you really can't stand it, it's time to upgrade.

Tylor

I tell you what; my front end felt sloppy as well. I figured it was either the ball joints, or the joints in the suspension wearing. After ruling those out I turned to the steering, the ORO setup has very little bumpsteer so i figured that was it until I decided to check the steering gearbox. Sure enough it was out of adjustment. Jack up the front end and turn the steering wheel 90 degrees left and right of center. If you don't feel slight drag at center your out of adjustment. After adjusting the front end; it is like I drove it off the lot, I can't tell you how much it tracks better at speed in on-road situations. Something to look at and its free.

Back