• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ coil/spacer question

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
I hate to ask this but I'm at work and my break is almost over, and I havent yet found what I need to know through a few search qurries.

SO the V8 ZJ coils drop right into the 97 XJ, for roughly 1" of lift. If I buy the Daystar 1.75" spacers and shackles will the spacers still work the the ZJ springs. I assume yes but I need it verified.

If anyone has a quick link to the Dakota leaf pack mod please post it up.

zfinger said:
I hate to ask this but I'm at work and my break is almost over, and I havent yet found what I need to know through a few search qurries.

SO the V8 ZJ coils drop right into the 97 XJ, for roughly 1" of lift. If I buy the Daystar 1.75" spacers and shackles will the spacers still work the the ZJ springs. I assume yes but I need it verified.

If anyone has a quick link to the Dakota leaf pack mod please post it up.

Yep the coil spacers will work with ZJ coils. It may be cheaper to go with the heavy duty coils carquest sells iirc they give about 2.5" lift by themselfs and only cost about $70. The ZJ coils + spacers might cost more.

I absolutely *love* this for a short lift. I have been running this for about a year and it flexes great.

I actually have some zj v8 springs, spacers, and custom leaf/block combo for sale if you are interested... pm me if you are.

PM sent.

I'll call the junkyards tomorrow and get some prices on springs, something tells me it may be cheaper to get them at the junkyard and avoid paying to ship um'.

It makes no difference if the springs are for a V8 or I6. The 4.0L is actually 30-40lbs heavier than the V8. If the Jeep has a trailer towing package it should have heavier springs. As for the coil spacers make your own out of 4"OD x .250"wall pipe n stitch weld them in. You can make them as long as you need to 2-2.5" works good. Then just re-use the stock rubber spring seats. If you have a ZJ it should have rear coils not leafs. You can go about 2" total be for you gotta change your lower control arms.

oops nevermind the rear coil thing.....My bad. But the same goes for the rear use 2.5"x 2.5"x .250wall square tubing and make those to. You can make them a little longer to get rid of axle-wrap. All you need are longer U-bolts and possilbly a 1 or 1.5 degree axle shim. If you wana go bigger later just add 6"coils/4.5" leaf packs, shackles, sye, and control arms and you are close to 8"

Back