• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Trans Mount

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking for a replacement transmission/tcase mount. I didn't want poly cause it's my daily driver. I ended up looking around for an oem replacement. The oem part from the stealership is 58 bucks and at advanced auto is 35. Is there any benefits from using the mopar part or is the advanced part just fine? I've heard that some oem parts are better than the aftermarket parts. Also like i said I'm not looking for poly mount, but has anyone seen any trans mounts that are like the bomb proof "rubber torsion"mounts? Just looking for a hd daily driver mount.

well since no one else has opined yet, i just replaced my mount with the factory one from jeep dealer. i thought it was cracked but it was not. made since to put new one in since i had to put it back together anyhow. point is my original one stood up to a lot of wheeling. sometimes o.e. may be pretty good, but i am sure there are better ones out there if you look.

I bought one from advance and it it sucks. Very poorly made. Two of the four bolts that run through the bottom of the crossmember brake at only 33 ft lbs! I should have known better just seeing the made in India sign and Pioneer brand name. The counter guy even said, it has a lifetime warranty and should last that long...that should have made me walk out right there.

If they are anything like parts store Engine mounts stay away. Get Dealer or M.O.R.E mounts.

when I installed my more bombproof mounts last year I wanted to do the tranny mount as well. just to be safe. the more guys suggested the oem mount was the best. it is crap. it has way more movement than the original one and lets the whole assembly sit lower so my exhaust is banging on the crossmember. I have picked up a more poly mount and will try that soon enough. I wish that more made a bombproof rubber one as well!

Back