• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's and 3.5-4" of lift

CJS

NAXJA Forum User
I found a deal on some 32X11.50 BFG AT's and b/c I'm now on a budget w/ my new XJ project I was wondering how feasible it would be to run 32's on about 3-4" of lift? My fenders are trimmed for TJ flares and I'm planning on 4.25-4.5 BS on my wheels but I just needed to know if anybody else was doing this and how it was working for them.

You will have no problem what so ever, only if you properly install bump stops in the front.

I have TJ flares and cut as much out of the fenders as I thought I could. I even cut and rewelded the pinch seam in the rear. With my dakota rear springs and 1.5" shackles and Rustys 3" coils and 1.75 spacer I have more than enough room to run 32x11.50s on rims with 4"back spacing. I have hockey puck bumpstops and the tires just slightly kiss the fender flares at full compression with the wheel cranked all the way over to lock. If I could do it over again, I would run 33s and a 2" bump stop extension.

AARON

I'm running 32" MTR's with about a 4" lift. I also run Bushwacker flares. I get a little tire rub in the front at lock, and the rear rubs a little, although I don't run bumpstops, so I expect it to. The front has 3 hockey pucks glued onto the axle to act as bumpstop extentions. I haven't updated it recentyl, but there are a couple pics on my website www.hillview.rockcrawler.com

Bryan

I've got ~4" all the way around running stock wheels and BFG 32 MT's. I get, of course, rubbing on the LCA's and in the rear on the inner fender. With the tight trees and root covered trails of the Pacific Northwest, this has worked well to prevent bead loss and tire damage as it's about 3" narrower than the popular 4" backspaced wheels using the same tires. It flexes pretty well despite the tire size and wheel backspacing. I found that trimming the front of the front fenders made a significant difference. Drop me a line if you would like photos or anything more specific.

John

I am running 32 x 11.50 AT'son 4" backspacing with no lift on my 85 . Mount the tires and cut anything they hit. With some more trimming and welding ,I could run 33's I think

cut and itll work, im running 32" radial tsl's (read:33" tire if it was any other brand) 3" lift, stock 1990 rims, you should have enough room if u are running tj flares, im running yj flares and i have plenty of room, just go flex it out after you get the tires, measure how much more bumpstop you need and just rig something up that extends the bumstops you got

Back