• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tent sites and cabin sharing....

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Ok, I am making the tentative plans to make it to Moab for the event in October. The plans to go wouldn't have been so hard to determine except that I'm taking a Moab/Colorado trip in August with several of my local wheelin buddies. So I'm going to Moab this year...and its lookin like I'm going twice!

To go with NAXJA in October, I need to split a tent site or cabin with someone. I'm going as cheap as possible. My first trip in august is pretty much paid for, both trips are going to be done as inexpensively as possible.

Tentatively my plans are to arrive Tuesday evening for the get to know you barbecue and leave either Sunday afternoon or monday morning the 13th. Anyone thats staying these days that would like to split some costs and have a short fat body by budwesier 25 year old kid stay with them?

Thanks

mac 'good paying job = more fun' gyvr

you can pitch at out site, buy me beer for the week and that'll be rent, but you said you wanted to go cheap, so lets not do the beer thing, but you're welcome, I got a site with water and power so you can blow dry your hair in the morning.

do they have grass in UT?????

if not, I'll bring some :smoker:

:D

do they have grass in UT?????

if not, I'll bring some :smoker:

:D [/B]

Oh, there's plenty of grass and even some weeds......BTW, I-70 is UHP's favorite place to bust out of state drug traffic.

Dan, I just mowed the lawn and its out there in clumps dryin in the hot sun if ya want some......

BTW.... We should all hang out in the magic bus some night...lol

LOL, is there place for me to park my f150 and trailer with the bus on one of those sites? I guess that is probably an important factor...

mac 'beer, not grass' gyvr

Ted, is that front axle ready for me yet?

mac 'you have a PM and a couple of emails' gyvr

...nevermind got your PM right after this post, thanks

Last edited:
it was a joke, you should know that weed is to weak fer me.

that was another joke, the older I get, the harder it is to handle a few beers

if I were bringing drugs to UT, I really wouldn't have posted it on a public board

fourwheeler, do you know if there will be room for my truck and trailer at the campsite with the bus?

mac 'how much room can we take up' gyvr

Fore Wheeler said:

if I were bringing drugs to UT, I really wouldn't have posted it on a public board so I had to share them with you dorks??
bwaaahahahahaha:D

macgyvr said:
fourwheeler, do you know if there will be room for my truck and trailer at the campsite with the bus?

mac 'how much room can we take up' gyvr

No way, Matt, those sites aren't that big. You would also have to check with them about how many vehicles they'll allow in one space. I know a couple is OK, Dad and I stayed with Mil in his MH one year, so we had two rigs plus the MH.

I talked to Slickrock just the other day, and they will allow 2 vehicles per site. If you are in a motorhome or trailer, or "bus", this is not considered one of the vehicles. They want all trailers to be parked or stored in a certain location. I am not sure if that means they have a location for storing "tow" trailers or not. But they were sure to remind me about the 2 vehicles per site, and that they will enforce this.

Casper

Forget bringing drugs to UT, but don't get caught taking beer into UT either. We had a race team run into some trouble a number of years back. Commuting through UT to CA and stopped for speeding, the UHP gave them a real hard time for carrying cases of beer on the race truck. Sponsors beer for promotions, not really personal use (yeah right). I think the initial charge was "transporting liquor across state lines" but I think it may have been eventually dropped. Still the driver had to go to Green River for the case.

And you don't want to be drinking some of the beer brewed and sold in UT either. So I am forced to revert to breaking the law to keep my body stocked with Fat Tire.

No one ever said that the West was easy.

Grant said:
And you don't want to be drinking some of the beer brewed and sold in UT either.
I'm assuming you say this because of the reduced alcohol brew? I get the strong stuff at the Class Six store before heading down. Hey, the fed gov is good for something.:D

Tom

Tom R. said:
Hey, the fed gov is good for something.:D
Not in this state they're not. Tax a man's beer at something like $1.40 per bottle is just downright cruel.
UT. BEER SUCKS! :mad:
Boycot the tax, smuggle your beer from out of state.;) It's what I do.:D

I meant that I get strong beer right here in Utah courtesy of the Fed. Gov. Oh, and I don't pay state sales tax on it either.:)

Tom

Tom R. said:
I meant that I get strong beer right here in Utah courtesy of the Fed. Gov. Oh, and I don't pay state sales tax on it either.:)

Tom
Okay! It's all coming back to me now. I think I remember you saying one time you're military. That explains the Fed. Gov. comment.
But it's still mean to tax a man's beer to the tune that they do here in UT.
So, when you going to the base again?:D

Besides hitting the base every weekday, I usually stop there the day I head out for Moab. For this year it will be Tuesday.

Tom

Back