• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 1 and Jeep 2

Pogiboy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I was wondering if there is supposed to be this much of a difference on these measurements. Jeep 1 is stock with a 231 tcase and new motor mounts and trans mount. Jeep 2 has a 3 inch lift and a 1 inch tcase drop and a 242 tcase. I am worried about putting the radiator fan into the radiator again, I can not afford that. So will this be ok? The difference has always been the same even before the motor mounts on both and the lift etc Jeep 2. Thanks.

From fire wall to front on jeep 1.
P4140054.JPG

valve cover to front on jeep 1.
P4140055.JPG

Fire wall to front on jeep 2.
P4140057.JPG

valve cover to front on jeep 2.
P4140056.JPG

1. are they same year?
2. if 2 is the one with the tcase drop it does make some sense as the tcase drop will rotate the engine in the engine mounts causing the front of the engine to go up thus pulling the upper front of it away from the radiator while bringing the lower part of it closer to it.
3. afaik, no two jeeps were created equal.

Oh I know no 2 jeeps are created equal! Jeep 2 with the mods to it is a 93, jeep 1 with no mods is a 92. Same exact style. Keep in mind too that jeep 2 has not changed hardly at all since the lift a t drop. Infact we first noticed the problem before the lift was installed and jeep 2 was still stock. And jeep 1 having already sent one fan through the radiator, dont want to do it again! New motor and tranny mounts on both. Didnt really make that clear. Only thing we cant think of is the different tcases makes the difference. Just want to make sure it wont be a problem. Gots some wheeling to do in the next couple days with rain from Rita! And last time we went wheeling it rained antifreeze! Thanks!

Back