• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Towers/Hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Is it as easy as im thinking if i have someone to bend and welt tubeing/pipe. Rip out the back seat, drill holes above the axel shock mounts, build a shock tower and attach coil overs? Removing the leaf packs of course.

Sure. Only thing is that you may have hard time trying to get the axle to stay put... No control arms or trackbar depending? haha

I would say that the majority of the work is getting a stable / working / geometric'ly correct control arm setup and fabing that in. The coil-over/shock mounts are cake work really...

ROBERTK said:
Sure. Only thing is that you may have hard time trying to get the axle to stay put... No control arms or trackbar depending? haha

I would say that the majority of the work is getting a stable / working / geometric'ly correct control arm setup and fabing that in. The coil-over/shock mounts are cake work really...

I knew there was something that i was not thinking about and thats it! Hmm... maybe the best way to start this out would be to get a coil spring conversion in the back, huh?

fdsa487 said:
maybe the best way to start this out would be to get a coil spring conversion in the back, huh?

if you are into that sort of thing...

fdsa487 said:
Which i am. :rof:

Have you gotten your front axle take care of. I'd redo all of that stuff before even thinking about wrecking havok in the back

sintax said:
Have you gotten your front axle take care of. I'd redo all of that stuff before even thinking about wrecking havok in the back

No i have lots of ideas and printouts on the front and im trying to get some ideas for the back now. I know its not IFS but im going to try and build it to keep up w/ my friend that is putting a 6K dollar Camburg long travel kit on his 03' 4x4 ranger. (life long challage)

Who knows if it'll be as easy as you're thinking? How easy do you think it's going to be? It's do-able, but it's a lot of work. Do some searching. You have to decide if you're capable of doing something of this magnitude. There are a number of threads (like the one RIGHT NEXT TO THIS ONE) that show what it takes.
Billy
lockd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back