• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1) New to forum 2) Delay wipers quit

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1) Im new to the forum. I have owned my '93 XJ for about 2 months now, and I can honestly say, its the BEST DAMN VEHICLE IVE EVER OWNED! Wish I had bought one years ago!

2) When I test drove the box, the delay wipers worked fine. However, the day I drove it home they didnt. The low and high speed work, and when I put it in delay mode they take an initial wipe, but no more after that.

Since Im new to these vehicles (First ever Jeep too!), Id be welcome to hear some advice before I climb in to the search in "lost mode".

Also, as a side note/question, the low speed and high speed, really dont seam to be much different. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Andrew

MyJeepXJ said:
1) Im new to the forum. I have owned my '93 XJ for about 2 months now, and I can honestly say, its the BEST DAMN VEHICLE IVE EVER OWNED! Wish I had bought one years ago!

2) When I test drove the box, the delay wipers worked fine. However, the day I drove it home they didnt. The low and high speed work, and when I put it in delay mode they take an initial wipe, but no more after that.

Since Im new to these vehicles (First ever Jeep too!), Id be welcome to hear some advice before I climb in to the search in "lost mode".

Also, as a side note/question, the low speed and high speed, really dont seam to be much different. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Andrew

On my old '91 the high and low really wasn't that different. Since it was a beater jeep anyway a little rainx helped alot.

langer1 said:
The delay also as a timer setting, have you adjusted that? It go's from about 3 sec. to 3min's

I know how delay wipers work, they also worked on the XJ when I looked at it on the lot, just dont work now. No matter what setting I put them at.

Thanks,
Andrew

MyJeepXJ said:
I know how delay wipers work, they also worked on the XJ when I looked at it on the lot, just dont work now. No matter what setting I put them at.

Thanks,
Andrew
Ok Ok don't get your panies in a bunch. There is a wiper control box, I'll see if I can find where yours is. Mines under the dash by my left knee. You can look for your there. Unpluging it and cleaning the connections may fix it.

langer1 said:
Ok Ok don't get your panies in a bunch. There is a wiper control box, I'll see if I can find where yours is. Mines under the dash by my left knee. You can look for your there. Unpluging it and cleaning the connections may fix it.

Thanx, Ill see if I can locate something like that... Im guessing its... black. Is there any other boxes that will confuse me?

Andrew

langer1 said:
Yes the headlight control box.
Humm... The plot thickens. Is one bigger than the other, or one odd shaped and the other not, or anything such as this? I injured my sholder and wont be able to get under the panel for a few more daze...

Thanks very much for your help!
Andrew

It's held on with velcro.

WiperDelayModule.jpg

Back