• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case rebuild problem

jrgilchrist

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
There is a snap-ring on that shaft, looks like a coil of wire, kinda hard to see but it's there. You need a little sharp hook of some type to remove it.

came off with a little heat and wd40 plus 3 arm puller

no snap ring though thats the next step there is one under that protection plate off to go buy a nice new snap ring remover

would two pry bars work to get the protection plate off? i cant get my hands on the three jaw puller and figured the pry bars and such i have would work. I have to do this over the weekend, please let me know... thank you! SORRY TO JACK YOUR THREAD

It's will likely bend, unfortunitly it did when we were trying to remove it. I was never able to locate a new one and everyone I went to had no idea what i was talking about. so we had to reshape it and beat it back into it's orig position. That damn case drove me crazy. Heat really was about the only way we could get it to move. Pry bars and a large screw driver might work If you can find some extra hands.

Back