• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's up for some night trails?

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, my weak sauce fog lights are working great. Now I'm in the mood for some night runs! Anybody up for Moab Rib? Poison Spider Mesa? Anything?

Jared:patriot:

The best part is if you leave a little before sundown you can get some AWESOME photos!

orig.jpg

But can you say LOST? Trying to follow a slickrock trail in the dark is tough. We must have lost the trail about 6 times coming back Moab Rim in the dark. Don't even get me started on how lost we became on Poison Spider Mesa! :wierd:

Ahhhhhh,some of you couldn't find your butts with both hands free! :laugh3: just joking! we got stuck out on Hell's Revenge once when it was getting dark and it was sticky there for awhile. Dang rocks all look alike.

Handlebars said:
The best part is if you leave a little before sundown you can get some AWESOME photos!

orig.jpg

But can you say LOST? Trying to follow a slickrock trail in the dark is tough. We must have lost the trail about 6 times coming back Moab Rim in the dark. Don't even get me started on how lost we became on Poison Spider Mesa! :wierd:

Yeah, we got lost on Hell's Revenge in the dark back in March. Well, not lost - we just couldn't find where the dang trail went. We finally ended up getting out and finding the tire marks with flashlights until the trail became a bit more defined. It probably didn't help that this was the first time I'd run it backwards!

DeadEyeJ said:
Hey, my weak sauce fog lights are working great. Now I'm in the mood for some night runs! Anybody up for Moab Rib? Poison Spider Mesa? Anything?

I'm game for a night run up Hell's Gate....a small group can get there in the dark from City Market in just over 30 minutes.....

XJEEPER said:
I'm game for a night run up Hell's Gate....a small group can get there in the dark from City Market in just over 30 minutes.....

I'd go for that one again. :D

I'm getting there Thursday afternoon, so I could be up for something that evening.

DeadEyeJ said:
...Moab Rib?...

Geez, did I really type that? That would be a good name for a rib restaurant down there.

Soooo, Thursday, City Market, 8:00PM? Bring a spare pair of shorts?

I was also thinking that a Monday night run would be doable for the guys that are getting there earlier in the week.

XJEEPER said:
I'm in!! Not missing that again.

XJEEPER said:

I'm up for the night run. My wife would not ride though the gate in the light. I wonder if I can get her to go in the dark:)

Back