• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb Question

Dunlapx

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 3" BDS lift on my 97 xj and i am lookin for tires that will work well but won't rubb, and won't have to cut my fenders at all, i had heard that my best course of action is 30x10 on 15x7. Just wondering what you guys think,

-And yes i have searched for my answer for that last 2 days and i couldn't really find the answer i needed-

I run 3" and 31s and I had to cut a fair amount to make it work.

In fact, I need to cut more.

Rubbing is relevant. 31's shouldn't be rubbing for general street driving (unless you are running them on stock rims then they may be rubbing on LCAs). Aside from that you may or most likely will get rub offroad when you flex it. Someone already already said it. Bumpstops. Basically you are stufing something in that wheel well that was never designed to accept a tire so big. I have trimmed my fenders alot yet still maintain my factory flares so you can hardly tell.

Back