• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE ride kit question

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
I've wrote a few questions concerning RE lifts and i've decided that I'm going w/ the RE 3.5" ride lift. My quadratech catalogue says that this kit will offer the same stock ride on road and will increase your off-road ability.
Does anybody have any knowledge as to how this kit changes both on and off road ability from my stock 93 xj's suspension system?

PEAFMAN said:
I've wrote a few questions concerning RE lifts and i've decided that I'm going w/ the RE 3.5" ride lift. My quadratech catalogue says that this kit will offer the same stock ride on road and will increase your off-road ability.
Does anybody have any knowledge as to how this kit changes both on and off road ability from my stock 93 xj's suspension system?

This what I'm running. It works well off-road but the ride is not the same as stock. It’s much firmer and with the 3.5" lift, the front end is beginning to suffer from harshness caused by the steeper angle of the CAs.
Different shocks ride differently. I’m using OMEs.
You will also need an adjustable TB or will need to drill a new hole in the TB axle mount to center the axle.
Bump steer also starts becoming an issue. Make sure to have the front end aligned or better still, learn to do it yourself. Toe is critical but easy to set.

If you plan to wheel your rig, get the SuperFlex kit. If you want to know why, search, it's been covered a LOT, and there was even a thread about this exact topic just yesterday...

And please don't buy it from Quadratec, you'll end up paying way more than you would if you got it from one of the many RE vendors here on NAXJA.

Hey I got the Superflex kit and I love it.. It rides so sweet. I'm running and recommend Old Man Emu (OME) long travel shocks..It's been in for over a year and it barely sags. I got it from DPG Offroad,it was a great price..

Yeah so I would also say to get the SuperFlex kit..
Later,
Frank

Once again dont buy it from quadratec buy it from a vender "you'll probably get a better price" and you will get someone that actually wheels on lifts

Dirk really set me up when i called him for my lift.. I could tell he knew what he was talking about.

The super flex is really worth the extra money!

Thanks for the advice guys. I've seen the other links referencing the different 3.5" lifts that RE offers and everybody vouches for the super flex. I think that I will save the extra money and go for it. THE PEAFMAN

You didn't say whether you were getting the full leaf pack or an add a leaf. I have the RE 3.5" super ride kit on my XJ (been on for nearly a year). It rides nothing like stock (much stiffer, but I have stiff shocks on it--ES3000s). I went with the full leaf packs and they ride smoother than the add-a-leafs, plus, if your original leafs are thrashed (as mine were) you may not get what you want out of the add-a-leafs (they will sag faster if the rest of leaf is worn out).

Good luck!
clay

Ok, being a total newb i went and got the 3.5 super ride kit with the HD SYE and CV rear drive, full leaf packs, being that I use mine as a DD and Delivery rig. Just joined an OHV club and took my first run a few weeks back.

I don't know how the superflex would compare, but in the forum for jeep pics put some in that will show from diff angles exactly how much flex it has on a 98. I drove down that pipe till the jeep started rocking then backed up 3" (glad I did seeing where the rf tire was starting to slip while rocking, lol).

Note that I also messed up and didn't get mine with disconnects, so that is with stock brake lines and full hooked sway up front.

I found that on highway mine seems to actually ride just a hair better with the lift and the yoko Geo at+2's, handles awesome on trail (ran cedar tree in Tillamook State Forest for 1st ever run and made it without a scratch), at low speed it's a bytch going over the 2 sets of double speedbumps in the driveway of our apts, no more taking em at 15mph for sure, but if I drop to about 5mph it's smooth as silk.

I do notice a little bit of wander with the rear sway gone, and I do get some bump steer on speedbumps. (Would a better than stock steer stabilizer help that?)

I probably won't go full out on this rig for wheeling as it is just too clean for it, and the wife has a 90 that's about to expire that I'll get from her and turn into a trail rig now that I'm hooked :)

I did notice that after cedar tree i had just a 1" patch of scruffing on the rear bottom part of the rr flare along the inside surface. I figure to go 4.5" cut fenders and 33 or 35's on the 90, also debating on dropping in a SB V8 since she has all but killed the 4.0 :( ran it oiless till it froze, then got it started after cooled down and it doesn't even smoke, but lost about 55% power.
Phew! Most I've typed in 15 minutes, lol

Back