• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much lift for 35's

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
i want to be able to run 35's effectivly, how much lift do i need for cleance. i plan on adding some bump stops and trimming the finders a little but maily is what i want to know is how much lift should i get?

71d37824.jpg

35's on my buddies stock rig.

94xjkyle said:
i want to be able to run 35's effectivly, how much lift do i need for cleance. i plan on adding some bump stops and trimming the finders a little but maily is what i want to know is how much lift should i get?
to effectively run them, you will need to trim more than just a little. i would say 5" and a LOT of trimming would be perfect.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28632&highlight=zmfx

Here is a informative thread I started when I was considering running 35's... there are some awesome picks of a guy runnin 37's on an RE 5.5 lift. I now have the tires, but really want to upgrade my axles before strapping the bad boys on. If you run lockers and 35's on stock axles, i'd keep a few spare parts handy. Just go light on the right foot and you should be ok. When ever you’re done with the build, post some picks.

Ps if you want a good deal on a set of Pro Comp 35X12.50 15in Mud terrain’s let me know

ZMfx said:
Ps if you want a good deal on a set of Pro Comp 35X12.50 15in Mud terrain’s let me know
i do!! i do!!

94xjkyle said:

If looks are of no concern then get 4.5 inch spring's with what ever kit you buy. Trim enough for the explorer flares. Get 3 inches of bump stop. Then if you still need it get shackles and coil spacers.

Just remember even with an 8" kit you'll still rub with no bump stops or trimming.

I'd cut your fenders and look at it.. with the RE 4.5 lift "really 5 inches" i could run 35's with bigger bumpstops than those that come in the kit, but i really enjoy my flex "especially the up-travel"

Back