• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gimpy coil springs

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Cherokee, with a Rusty's 3" full leaf pack kit. When I take the front swaybar off and give it a good flexin', my driver side front is noticably shorter than the rest of the jeep. The other side (coil spring) gives me about 3" of lift, while the drivers side gave me 2".

So then I call Rusty's Offroad, they send me a new one for free, and I put that badboy on. It's only giving me 2.5" of lift! After flexing it without the swaybar, It's only giving me a little more than 2 now. Something HAS to be binding up or something underneath my jeep, but I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas?

RyleyF said:
I have an 89 Cherokee, with a Rusty's 3" full leaf pack kit. When I take the front swaybar off and give it a good flexin', my driver side front is noticably shorter than the rest of the jeep. The other side (coil spring) gives me about 3" of lift, while the drivers side gave me 2".

So then I call Rusty's Offroad, they send me a new one for free, and I put that badboy on. It's only giving me 2.5" of lift! After flexing it without the swaybar, It's only giving me a little more than 2 now. Something HAS to be binding up or something underneath my jeep, but I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas?

try swaping the leaf packs side to side...

my leaf pack on my passenger side is bent and pulls the drivers side up in the air - making my lift look higher on that side...

So you're saying that the rear leaf packs are the cause? I've only had the lift for about 2 months, and while they ride a lot softer than before and have settled to 3.5" they still don't flex as much as I'd like.

give the rear springs time to settle .this is a typical problem with XJs.they all ways tend to lean .if you do a search with the right terms you will see how many threads there are on this .go out wheel it as much as you can give it another month or two and see what happens.it should settle out.

Back