• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5 superride came in today!! but...

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
Im missing a u bolt nut... just one, I have 7.

very strange being that it was in a sealed RE box with the nuts all loose and a plastic bag just hangin out in there.

Anyway, I will be calling tomorrow, but can I just go to HomeDepot and find a nut that fits the bolt, or must I wait to install this beautiful thing until I get a specially rated nut (if such a thing exists).

Thanks,

Jesse the patient

As long as you can find at least a grade 5 nut, you should be fine. Grade 8 would be better. The hard part is finding a nut that size with the fine thread.

The kit itself looks great tho, the gen 2 discos assembly directions look like they have been translated from Russian tho. Very vague. Hint: any help?? mostly its the "use what washers where" idea

heavy leafs :)

how did you get disco's with the SuperRide kit? Did you upgrade it? Or did you get the SuperFlex kit?

As far as installing them goes, just look at the pics on the instruction sheet, it's pretty basic.

Yeh about RE leaving stuff out... My friend got his 5.5" delivered with no rear shocks? Its on now and i must say the quality is very nice.

i have had nothing but problems with my RE discos, And they left out my coil spring bumpstop pads, which I didn't notice until it was all taken apart and partly assembled, it took a week to get them while my rig was left hanging. It is an excellent kit(3.5" SF) though as far as performance. i would think twice about the discos, JKS are far superior in my humble opinion.

yeah i noticed the missing nut whilst doing "inventory" on it.

The JKS will have to wait, unless these ones annoy me. The kit kinda put my budget in the "hospitable" but didn't kill it.

while I was buying the nut I also picked up some zink plated washers. Should I use these on the u's?? It was $1 for 8 so if it is a bad idea thats ok too.

EDIT: thanks for the disco pics BTW

Last edited:
Back