• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog Light Question (searched)

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
I just installed a set of OEM Fog Lights on my 99 Sport yesterday. Install took much much longer than I thought (long story). My question is, should there be some kind of guard protecting the back of the lights where the wires run out from getting soaked with water? Seems like water will get in there very easily while driving in the rain as I turn the front wheels. I know I could look at one that is in a parking lot or something that came with them from the factory, but that might look a little strange me looking at some strangers jeep. If there isn't supposed to be anything there, has anybody fabbed anything up? I can provide a pic or two if needed if somebody needs a better perspective on exactly what i'm talking about.

TIA

Tim

You are talking about the factory holes in the airdam right? If so, there is nothing there on my 98 sport. Just the back of the light housing and the bracket that the lights hang with. The wire is also in a black loom, not sure if your wires are how you added them.

As long as you are not big into mud you will be fine. I spent a lot of time in the mud last season and there was all kinds of crap INSIDE the light where it shouldnt have been. Never doing that again. hasta

Back