• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FYI Tech inspections, Event registration and Trail signups

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Will all happen at the Slickrock campground in front of Cabin 1. Also, remember that for each trail you're on, you will have to pay a $5 fee as BLM is charging money for any organized event. Lastly there is a limit as to how many rigs can go on the trail, so if you have a trail you really want to go on, make sure to register for it sooner than later (hint: hells revenge ussually fills out fast :D)

20 rigs only on each trail including the leader who gets in "free"

Kejtar said:
Will all happen at the Slickrock campground in front of Cabin 1. Also, remember that for each trail you're on, you will have to pay a $5 fee as BLM is charging money for any organized event. Lastly there is a limit as to how many rigs can go on the trail, so if you have a trail you really want to go on, make sure to register for it sooner than later (hint: hells revenge ussually fills out fast :D)

People also need to check whether additional fees are required to run a specific trail and come with enough cash/change in hand. Hells Revenge, Fins 'n' things, and Pritchett Canyon are some that I'm aware of.

Jared:patriot:

DeadEyeJ said:
People also need to check whether additional fees are required to run a specific trail and come with enough cash/change in hand. Hells Revenge, Fins 'n' things, and Pritchett Canyon are some that I'm aware of.

Good point, I hope to have that info on hand so people are prepared, but those fees will not be collected at the table.

Here's a reminder of what the tech inspections cover:
Front and rear tow hooks, shackles or receivers (no welded tow hooks)

Safety Belts for driver and all passengers

Adequate Spare Tire, Jack and Lug Wrench

Tow rope (no metal hooks allowed), strap or winch

Visibly Charged Fire Extinguisher (BC or ABC)

First aid kit

Secured battery (no bungee cords)

We are NOT going to charge for the Sand Flats Rec area as the folks will pay at the gate and it is good for three days. That way the Grand County Rec. Department gets some $$ to keep the place up. If we collect and give it to the BLM then Grand County gets nothing. So, NAXJA isn't collecting for the trails in that area.
Pritchett Canyon will require an addditional $3 as it traverses private land. Several years ago I met the old guy that owns the land. He told me that the "gummit" has been trying (and forcing) him to sell out so that Pritchett can be closed. (His words). So far he has been able to resist. But after he passes on...who knows! Get it while you can, I suppose.

DeadEyeJ said:

Danno said:
Pritchett Canyon will require an addditional $3 as it traverses private land. Several years ago I met the old guy that owns the land. He told me that the "gummit" has been trying (and forcing) him to sell out so that Pritchett can be closed. (His words). So far he has been able to resist. But after he passes on...who knows! Get it while you can, I suppose.

Sounds like a group needs to be put together to buy it.

Wonder how much it would cost? I wasn't being serious when saying NAXJA should buy it but if we could get a group of clubs together to put in to purchase it that would be awsome.

Friends of Pritchett Canyon anyone?

GSequoia said:
Wonder how much it would cost? I wasn't being serious when saying NAXJA should buy it but if we could get a group of clubs together to put in to purchase it that would be awsome.

Friends of Pritchett Canyon anyone?
The greenies would probably sue to make sure they bought it instead.

Oh yeah, morning registrations will open up probably at about 7:45AM or so and close down by 8:15AM as the trail departures are at 8:45AM. So if you're a late arrival on the night before and want to get on a trail the next day you better plan to be there early.

Kejtar said:
Oh yeah, morning registrations will open up probably at about 7:45AM or so and close down by 8:15AM as the trail departures are at 8:45AM. So if you're a late arrival on the night before and want to get on a trail the next day you better plan to be there early.
Waiting for the drunks to start their whining...I know its comming...
"but thats too early! I'm still drunk!"
:D

DrMoab said:
Well, too bad.... if they want to make it on an official trail run that day, they will have to be out of Slickrock by 8:15. Plus, I'm the one that's going to be suffering the most, so I figured I would spread the feeling around :D

DrMoab said:
My 3 year old daughter will be with me on this trip, so for me it's.... :angel: at night, and.... :sunshine: in the morning.

xj4moab said:
you guys want it to be later
last year IIRC it was staging time at 8:30 and departure at 9, so I don't see 8:15 adn 8:45 being too big of a problem. People will whine and cry but they'll be there :D

GSequoia said:
Damn straight it's too early. I'll be lucky to be out by 8.45!

Better get caught up on your sleep before JV............we ALWAYS leave by 8:00 am.

every year I try to move it up a bit. I don't like starting so late cuz somebody always get stuck after dark on the longer trails. But every year there is bitching and moaning about wanting to sleep in! Go figure. Hasta

Back