• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92XJ Auto, No Start

XJ Buzzard

NAXJA Forum User
My 92XJ DD just will not start. I am getting spark and injector pulse. Fuel pump was changed about a year ago. Fuel filter changed approximately 1 month ago. Fuel pressure at the rail is 38psi. It will run briefly on starter fluid. On the way home Friday it did buck/hesitate once or twice. At first I thought it was the CPS. Nope, that didn't do it. Coil has been replace recently also.

With the key on/off no codes were present.

Any ideas?? I am about at my wits end. Maybe a fresh start tomorrow will help.

Thanks
chris

Last edited:
i'm just gonna chime in b/c you dont have other responses yet so maybe this will help but it kinda seems like since you have pressure at the rails it obviously has to be something beyound that? Maybe bad/clogged injectors? I had a similar problem in a car i had once, started and ran briefly on starter fluid but ended up being the pump, like i said though since you have pressure it cant be the pump, other than that i dont really know what it can be. Good luck and hopefully someone w/ more experience will chime in here for ya.

I'm not familar with '92, but maybe check the ignition module and/or the cam sensor. Both can cause a no start, but you would also have no spark. Hmmm...

XJ Buzzard said:
My 92XJ DD just will not start. I am getting spark and injector pulse. Fuel pump was changed about a year ago. Fuel filter changed approximately 1 month ago. Fuel pressure at the rail is 38psi. It will run briefly on starter fluid. On the way home Friday it did buck/hesitate once or twice. At first I thought it was the CPS. Nope, that didn't do it. Coil has been replace recently also.

With the key on/off no codes were present.

Any ideas?? I am about at my wits end. Maybe a fresh start tomorrow will help.

Thanks
chris
How do you know that you have injector pulse? I don't think you do. One thought is the ground for the injectors is off, you could have the pulse but they will not work.

Noid light. I checked all the injectors.
I did finally get it running. It was the fuel pump after all. I had pressure, but just enough.

Thanks for all the input!

chris

I got it fixed. MAP sensor was sending incorrect signals to the computer. This was causing an over rich condition and flooding it out. I checked my oil the other morning and noticed it was waaay over full and smelled of fuel. I drained almost 3 gallons of oil and gas mix. So far all is well

chris

Back