• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another axle/diff question...

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
i know this has been covered a bazillion times but im still confused about which rear axle i have and where to find the gear ratio. i have searched and get conflicting stories or maybe im just not undestanding exactly.

the reason im asking is because im looking to the the 4wd conversion to my 2wd stocker 95. i know i need to get the same gear ratio for the front axle.

here is a pic of my rear diff. someone tell me which axle this is and where i find the gear ratio tag so i can solve this mystery once and for all.

You have a Chrysler 8.25" axle:
axle_825.jpg

The ratio is normally on one of the two tags shown. Check out the one at the upper left. Oh yeah, since this is a '95 you'll have the 27-spline axleshafts.

thanx dood. also, what years share the 27 spline shafts and does the front dana 30 have 27 spline shafts as well? yes, im a noob.

the tag in the top right says "1525" and the one on the bottom left says "35". am i to assume that the bottom right tag is refering to a 1:3.55 gear ratio? and what does the 1525 refer to?

The 27-spline C8.25" is present through the end of the 96 model year; starting with some late 96s they used a stronger 29-spline axleshaft. The front D30 is a whole different beast.

Back