• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission torx bolts.

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
I just realized that fo rhte past year, only two bolts were holding my trans to my blcok. are the upper two torx bolts dealer items? or can I replace them with something else?....

i wouldnt know for sure but ive heard people reccommend replacing them with hex bolts so future maintenance is easier.

Replace with something else if needed. I'm about to pull mine and look for the actual thread, but a 12-point 3/8" socket is supposed to fit the bill for pulling them as well.

Those bolts are threaded 3/8"-16, so replacing them with a hex head capscrew is easy. I don't recall how long they are, but you can take one of the old ones out and measure the length under the head to get it. The replacements were available off-the-shelf, as I recall.

The lower bolts, as I recall, are threaded 7/16"-14, somewhere in the neighbourhood of two to two and a half inches long. Again, replace with hex head capscrews, which you can get easily anywhere.

5-90

Just replaced mine. The factory upper ones are 3/8"-16x1 3/4". I used 2" ones and they fit fine. I did throw a washer on there though. I didn't use locktite, I still have access to them, should I pull them out and put some thread locker on there?

Back