• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

think it can be done? i want to try.

mdl

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been thinking about this for a while. I want to try and stick the 97+ interior (or parts of it) into my 96. From what ive seen, the center console would have to remain, if i tore and replaced that i would need to relocate my ebrake and i dont feel like doing that. I can see most of it would just be a cosmetic difference as there really isnt too much difference in the measurements.

Anyone got any imput on this?

oh yea? sorry for not searching then.. i had thought it was uncommon enough. thanks

edit**
just searched.. couldent pull anything. What terms?

Last edited:
I've never been corected if I'm wrong, but the body tubs are the all the same from 88-94, then 95-01. The only things that changed from old to new body style (as far as looks goes) was the interior, tailgate, and front clip. The change from 94-95 was the way the seats mounts bolt to the tub.

scoobyxj said:
I've never been corected if I'm wrong, but the body tubs are the all the same from 88-94, then 95-01. The only things that changed from old to new body style (as far as looks goes) was the interior, tailgate, and front clip. The change from 94-95 was the way the seats mounts bolt to the tub.

so your saying my jeeps interior has the same bones as a 97+ and i could just swap in the new dash and all that jazz?

helix said:
so your saying my jeeps interior has the same bones as a 97+ and i could just swap in the new dash and all that jazz?

Pretty much. Although the newer style dash gets its info from a systems bus, that your early model does not use. So you have to swap electronics and such as well................... :lecture:

What kinda of electronics would i need to sort through?

The only place i could see that being an issue would be the emergency lights.

what if i kept the current hardware there and just made cosmetic differences.. are there demension differences between the hardware i have and if they would fit into the new dash?

The firewall is slightly different I have been told and would stop the use of your vent ducts behind the dash as well.

The doors panels are not an easy swap either, you have to cut the front door to make room for the inside handle. and I never have gotten to door to lock right from the inside. After doing a lot of research on this i think it would be easier to swap the whole front door, even with the latches being different.

the rear is very easy though, use your existing lock rods. The holes for the retainers pins (christmas tree looking things) even line up.

Good luck.

Dingo

Well im deffinatly up for the center console.. im going to take the dash with caution.. not sure if i will be able to get it in allright but ill see..

Back