• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evil Trackbar #2

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
1. I replaced my stock TB (thanks again guys) with an adjustable one yesterday and it was a little too long. I jacked the left side up and slipped it in knowing it will through my allignmnet off, but I have no wobble, no rubbing...

I get my lift monday and probably finish the install by sat, will i run the risk of damaging anything besides tires??

2. I want to get as much stuff done as i can before the lift comes in, can I go ahead and take off the rear swaybar, ill be doing it anyway, y'know.

thanks again.

Jesse

Yeah you can take off your rear trackbar now. My suggestions though would be chuck the bar but keep the little mounting plates because they can be used as bar pin eliminators. adjusting the trackbar now will throw off your alignment but not much at all. mainly it will just tilt your steering wheel.

yeah its rooster-eyed, but Xjj33p(etc) is right in that there is no alignmet probs.

if I use those mounting plates as BPEs, wont those be really bad angles for shocks??

xjj33p3r said:
Changing out the tracbar won't affect your allignment. I thought the same as well, but apparently it doesn't.

SPOBI

think about how the steering system is set up

the longer/shorter trackbar will cause the whole front axle to move to one side or another - meaning that you will have to adjust the drag link to be longer

that changes the angle on the Y in the system and then throws your toe out of spec...

Ok just took the rear swaybar out. It was such a breeze...except for actually getting out from under my truck. I see now about the BPEs Scout, that makes sense, I didn't want to disassemble the u's so they are waiting for me.

ps... If anybody happens to search SWAYBAR and get this...It was the easiest to get the swaybar out through the passenger wheel well (with the wheel out of course)

Thank you all

Jesse

Back