• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac condenser / tranny cooler PSI

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i need to cool the air coming out of my compressor it keeps making everything in the system too hot i am thinking of runnign it thru the old ac condenser or buying a small trany cooler and using that my question is if anyone knows the psi they can handle i run about 120PSI

not to be a jerk but does anyone with more than one post know about this
anyone know what psi your ac runs at

High side(the side that feeds the condenser) is WELL over 250 PSI. If you are using the AC compressor, think about the qestion for a min....then answer will come to you...:)

ok i've thought about it now is the condenser on the high side or low side

bj-666 said:
ok i've thought about it now is the condenser on the high side or low side
High side. The fluid flows from compressor high side, to condenser, to evaporator, to low side of compressor Condenser is in front of the rad, evap. is in the dash...

The principle behind it is that compressing a gas (freons) makes the gas shed heat which comes out the surface of the condenser. Reaching the evaporator, the gas goes back to low pressure so it absorbs heat. I would try to keep the oil circulating through the condenser youre using for OBA so its seals don't dry up.

well f it i suppose all that can go wrong is i blow a hole in the condenser

now that ya have two posts i beleive ya:kissyou:

bj-666 said:
i need to cool the air coming out of my compressor it keeps making everything in the system too hot i am thinking of runnign it thru the old ac condenser or buying a small trany cooler and using that my question is if anyone knows the psi they can handle i run about 120PSI
If you'd run copper line from the compressor to your tank or switch or whatever, heat shouldn't be an issue.
Besides, cooling the air with the condenser will raise your coolant temps.

If you're gonna use it for cooling something, you should use the condenser for other cooling needs or remove it altogether for better radiator airflow.

Sorry, but I've never heard of anyone using an intercooler for their onboard air.
You may have a good idea here, but I don't see it....... yet.

Back