• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys 4.5 lift....comments?

huntergreenxj said:
does anyone have this lift?what do you think about it ? I will be getting the rear spring pack and 32's most likely...

Use the search. there will be a few hundred hits on rusty's 4.5" lift.

Thanks

I just installed this kit about 3 weeks ago and, so far, I'm very pleased with it. My one suggestion would be to spend a little extra and get nicer shocks. The shocks that come with the Rusty's kit will rattle your teeth loose! Also, purchase the JKS quicker disconnects. Trust me, you will be glad that you did! Some may disagree, but for the money it is a tough lift to beat. A friend of mine had this kit on his Cherokee and did not have the first problem with it, and he is none too easy on his stuff. Hope that this helps!

I am very pleased with the rustys parts on my rig. And they have great customer service. They ride very nice as well.

XJjosh said:
I am very pleased with the rustys parts on my rig. And they have great customer service. They ride very nice as well.
yahoo_think.gif

XJjosh said:

I will agree here. The 4.5" was my very first kit, although my jeep has evolved into something total different from that kit now, I still run his springs without any problems.

I'm running the same setup.. The 4.5" and some 32"s. I was pleased with the results and ride. I would recommend better shocks. The shocks that come with the kit are the usual white crappy ones that come with every lift. I would also Highly recommend the JKS quicker disconnects, makes a world of difference. I've wheeled mild to moderate for maybe 5 months now, nothing to extreme. I've noticed my rear passenger leaf pack is sagging now... Oh well... I'm still pleased..

I agree with the new shocks. Rusty's are a bit stiff, but the rest of the kit is simple and works well. Great flex. 32's would be a good fit, I've got 33's and they fit, but they rubbed a bit at first in the front. I put some spacers in and they fit nicely. But I recommend 32's.

Back