• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4WD full time.

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
How do I put My 90 Pioneer into fulltime 4wd? A light comes on to indicate"PART TIME" so this leads me to there is full time which I was noit even aware of...

this should probably be on oem tech but here is the quick answer. Depends on what transfer case you have. for example if you have the np231 then "part time" is all you get and should only be used offroad or slippery conditions, whereas with the np242 you can run "full time" you can be in 4wd while on the road without damage to the drivetrain.

You have a Pioneer. That was a lower model on which full-time was an option, but not often found. I doubt you have it.

The Cherokee has always offered two "flavors" of 4WD -- "Command-Trac" was a part-time only system (not to be used on hard surfaces or pavement), and "Selec-Trac" which in most years added an additional 4WD position for use on pavement, which is why it is called "full-time" -- you can just put it in that position and leave it there all the time, regardless of what kind of surface you drive on.

Lower your driver's side sun visor and you should have a sticker that tells you if you have Command-Trac or Selec-Trac.

Back