• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O4 Grand Seats

MyXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
Will '04 Grand Cherokee Laredo seats fit in my '97 XJ. Front seat frame has broke for the second time. (I thought is was a good weld) So I need the upgrade! Thanks!

How about the rear seat? Will the wj seats direct fit into 97+ xj as well?

I got an 02 Grand drivers seat that is power. Will I remove the seat from the WJ rails and put them on my existing XJ rails? I would then just supply power to the seat, right?

Thanks!

Yes.
If you do a search there is a diagram on which set of holes to use. The are 6 bolt holes of which only 4 will be used. (I think it's self explanatory once you get it unbolted from the WJ seat rails though).

So you cannot bolt WJ seats and brakets into your later model XJ 97'+? You need to bolt the WJ seat to the XJ braket? Can someone confirm this. I have a 98' XJ and my wife doesn't like the stock hard seats, especially compared to the 96' ZJ limited with leather power seats I'm trying to sell. I'd like to run ZJ or WJ power leather seats and brakets in my 98' XJ.

JEEPZZ said:
You'd still be using the XJ seat rails.

Which means nothing, as a 2 door rail is the same as a 4 door rail. The seat itself tilts forward. I lost that when I put some 4 door seats in. I thought about stripping my 2 door seats down to the frame, and swapping the leather on. But that was more work then I wanted to do at the time. Now I wished I wasn't so lazy. I'd still like to do it. But my 2 door seats are long gone.

Back