• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Using a Wrangler tire carrier...

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I saw an XJ today that had a rear tire carrier from a Wrangler on it and I'm guessing it was bolted to the tailgate because when he put it up it went up w/the tailgate. I know it probably wouldn't be that hard to mount but where would you get lift arms that strong enough?

The hatch is fiberglass not a good idea.

Twistedimg said:
Isn't it metal on the 97+ ???

Still seems that would be a lot of weight. I don't think I could find shocks to hold up my hatch with a 33 on there.

the hatch is metal on the 97+ though id re-enforce the crap out of it before i straped my 33" spare to it...

though that makes me think - where can i buy some nitrocharged gas shocks with enough rate to hold up something like that... hmmmm

this could be fun....

XJ_ranger said:
the hatch is metal on the 97+ though id re-enforce the crap out of it before i straped my 33" spare to it...

though that makes me think - where can i buy some nitrocharged gas shocks with enough rate to hold up something like that... hmmmm

this could be fun....

then hook them into a tank and remote control solenoids.

Now we're talkin!

Dingo

Back