• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk on battery

geardog12

NAXJA Forum User
I had my jeep in the shop today and I had them swap out the battery while it was in there. They put in an Optimum red top sealed battery. When I got off of work I looked under the hood and noticed a blue liquid where the terminals connect. Is that coming out of my battery or did they put it there for corrosion or some other reason? Thanks in advance.

geardog12 said:
Is that coming out of my battery or did they put it there for corrosion or some other reason?

id bet its an anti-corosive

maybe call the shop and ask them?

then slap yourself in the face for paying someone to swap out a battery for you.

It should be a battery terminal spray to prevent corrosion.

Okie Terry said:
Yeah, or he can pay me and I'll come over and kick him in the balls, then watch him install it.

ha ha i laughed out loud for real

LOL!!!

The jeep wasn't leaving the shop without a battery so I just dropped one off. I knew the guy and it didn't cost a cent. There are definately some funny guys around here.

Most palces will install a battery for free. I have let them do it for me when they offered. Kind of funny letting them get the battery in and asking questions about my jeep and then asking who did the work and I tell them I do all my own work...the look is priceless.

Back