• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window mods...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
I had to rent a car last weekend, both passenger/driver windows had automatic down AND up operation, awesome. I rarely use a/c, even in plus 90* temps, very much motivated to have this feature.

How would one wire-up a '98 to do this?

Admit not searching yet, appreciate any detailed info while I begin my quest/crusade for this mod.

Thanks,

Mike

You can use an "express down module" found in Ford Taurii, Merc Sables and just about any ford vehicle with the feature. It is a small plastic box on the inside of the drivers door panel with 5 wires coming out of it. They cost $5 here at the U-pull it yard. Make sure to get one that hasn't gotten wet. I'll elaborate on the this mod if folks are interested.

i just have to cruize around with 3 friends that way i donn't have to reach all the way to the back to roll down the window...

Dam hand cranksHasta

Slo-Sho said:
You can use an "express down module" found in Ford Taurii, Merc Sables and just about any ford vehicle with the feature. It is a small plastic box on the inside of the drivers door panel with 5 wires coming out of it. They cost $5 here at the U-pull it yard. Make sure to get one that hasn't gotten wet. I'll elaborate on the this mod if folks are interested.

Please do. Im not really interested in it right now, but i know i'll find a use for it later.

Dingo

Thanks for the lead, it's appreciated,

Mike

How about just getting the window switch from an XJ with the auto down. Hell I 've never seen a power windowed (97+) come without the auto down feature.

That would have been my thought - get another driver's side switch from the wrecker.

duh.... solves half the problem, actually rear windows too.

thanks, more info later.

Mike

that would work, except that the 97+ don't have seperate swithes like the older models there all one unit, so you'd have 4 switches at each window. could be fun to confuse passengers with though.

Dingo

Back