• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C compressor to Air compressor

I'm looking to do the same to mine. I've found some write ups on here by searching.

The hardest thing I'm having a problem finding is pics or a list of what I can remove since I'm getting rid of my nonfunctioning A/C.

Edit: Search for "air" "OBA" and you'll get quite a few good hits...

are you guys wondering about the hosees and other components or the electrical?

Dingo

Just did mine if you have any questions.
DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0510.jpg

I used a Wilkerson oiler. I got most of the other parts from 4x4rockshop.com.
The tank is 1.75, I wish it was bigger but I didn't have much room. The tank will be mainly for the ARB when it gets put in the front. So far it works very well.
Shawn

Thanks
I've got about $300 into it. I could have done it for less, but I just kept finding things I thought would be cool to put in. If the Sanden ever goes out, I will put a York in and call it good!
Shawn

Flash
off topic questions:
Is that upper radiator hose an aftermarket? where did you get it? It looks like you don't have a "bypass valve" for your heater lines, how does that work?
what are the three cables over the valve cover?

thanks and nice OBA by the way!

I've found some great write ups on it already, but your pics are great! Thanks!

The thing I'm looking for (and I think GirlScout1 is looking for too) is a list and/or pics of what isn't needed anymore when you don't use your A/C. I need more room under the hood and would like to pull out whatever isn't needed anymore, but I don't know what can be pulled...

nhrocker said:
I've found some great write ups on it already, but your pics are great! Thanks!

The thing I'm looking for (and I think GirlScout1 is looking for too) is a list and/or pics of what isn't needed anymore when you don't use your A/C. I need more room under the hood and would like to pull out whatever isn't needed anymore, but I don't know what can be pulled...

Follow the hose and pull everything attached to them. basically it will be the following

1. The hose from the compressor to the firewall (actually the expansion block)
2. The hose from the Firewall to the drier (cannister looking thing on the "framerail" just behind the alternator.
3. The drier itself.
4. The hose going from the drier to the condensor (fluid cooler looking thing in front of the radiator)
5. The condensor itself
6. The hose going from the condensor back to the compressor.

How's that?

Dingo

sounds like everything... I pulled everything that was connected to the A/C in one way. Gave me lots of room to put stuff.
Shawn
Oh, everything under the hood is stock, except for the OBA stuff.

Back