• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog @ Tellico Oct 29 & 30

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Once again we head to Tellico in Oct. HQ will be Crawfords....Most will head up on Friday and will will do a night ride on Friday.. Mabye a pot luck meal on Sat night...Its mostly a pay it by ear kind of thing....

BIGWOODY said:
He sold it, wonder if it'll still be Crawfords?

DAMN..I need to call up there and see how things are going and check prices..DO you know who bought it???

Not going to make it, sorry.

a-mechanic said:
I'm going to go thursday night will anyone want to ride friday day?

If things go as planned, I'll be pulling out Thursday after work... probably get in late that night or in the wee Fri AM hrs. Could stand a nap then ride Fri sometime.

Cost is $5 per day for the ORV...Camping it up to you on price...$18 water and electric or $7.50 per night primiatve...very very nice showers...

I would suggest at least rocker protection or a complete disregard for them either way up to you...and any one who wants to come is invited no motter their rig preferance as long as they can keep up with the group.

It not a mater of if you get body damage at Tellico just when..........

i think i'll try and make it ....friday around lunch .

question , i've never took my cherokee to tellico , but i've had 3 different cj's (2 on 35's and last on 36's) up there . how many rigs do you think will show running 33in tires ?

this should be my only weak point 33in tsl's . i'm locked front / rear 4.56's and 6.5in's of lift , winch and should have rocker protection by then .

i've also got spare axles and driveshafts .

eric

nah...not your weak point..we had one on 31's lock front and rear that did all the hard stuff...so your good...

I will be there on thursday night.
I would be interested in riding friday.

After I work on the XJ some.
The clunk in the front end was
busted knuckle joint caps on the
drivers side.
Anyone know what size socket for the
stub shaft nut?
It measures 1.405.
Maybe metric, anyone know?

Mark WNC said:
I will be there on thursday night.
I would be interested in riding friday.

After I work on the XJ some.
The clunk in the front end was
busted knuckle joint caps on the
drivers side.
Anyone know what size socket for the
stub shaft nut?
It measures 1.405.
Maybe metric, anyone know?
If your just replacing the U-joint, just take out the three bolts in the unit bearing on the back side of the spindle and pull it out without messing with the axle nut, it's easier that way.

I plan on being there thurs night and looking to ride friday. So it looks like you'll have a few to ride with on Friday Andy.

Black Cherokee said:
i saw this thread and talked with a guy at work with a wrangler sitting on 35's, may come up on sat morning?

i have never been there, wondering if my stock XJ with 2 inch BB and stock size goodrich mud terrains will make it?

the ole XJ already has the rock damaged dented rocker panels so that's already out of the way hehehehe :)

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Jeep Pics/?action=view&current=MVC-024S.jpg

skip

I've got a similar setup to yours (+2", 30" muds, tank & t-case skids, open F/ L-S R) it did well enough to enjoy myself. Kinda limited on what trails you can complete though (#3-4-5-6, parts of 8 and 11)... LOL I tried it last fall with -1" lift, P225 street tires... again it did sort-of OK, but I killed two tires in one day and hammered the exhaust & cat, crossmember, tried to rip the skid off the TC... sounded like a haywire rock crusher underneath there.

I'll come up on sunday in the YJ, XJ got traded for a truck to pull a car trailer with.... NEED to find someone with a XJ they just need to get out of the yard so I can start on another...the boxer hates the better halfs TJ.

Brian in Blue Ridge

Back