• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GF pulled some codes on her XJ, what to look at first?

Stormwalker

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the codes that were pulled:

62 - EMR miles cannot be stored in memory
52 - Sustained rich S/A condition
21 - Oxygen sensor signal not switching

This is on a 93 XJ Country with the 4.0 and aw4. The truck has evidently been running rough, and making a funny gas/emissions smell under hard acceleration. I have not had a chance to look at it myself yet, but I am going to switch Jeeps with her and (hopefully) fix it tomorrow. Could a bad fuel pressure regulator be causing this, or would a faulty O2 sensor actually make the truck run rough?

The computer is getting no voltage reading from the o2 sensor and the computer is adding more fuel trying to get a reading. Replace the o2 sensor.

JoBo

Go look at a ring...

A girl who will 1) notice a problem with her vehicle that doesnt involve not starting or flat tire(s) and then 2)be proactive/resourceful enough to either check the codes or have them checked by someone( i assume for free) without getting sold service and parts she doesn't need.

thats one's a keeper...

Back