• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster Exhaust questions

40 is slightly louder than 50. which is slightly louder than 60. and so on...

the 40 sounds GREAT!! can't tell you about the 50. but the 40 is DEFINITELY not too loud.

Get the super 40! If you don't like it i'll pay for it....joke.

DD '90 XJ 4.0 Auto, RE 4.5" coils, 1/2" poly spacers, RE DB's, Rocky Road 1.5" shackles/2" blocks, Rusty's air tube intake, Pro Comp 1069 15x8's, 32X11.50 BFG A/T's, '93 stock external spare carrier, Rebuilt motor @ 176K, Flowmaster Super 40, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, MSD ignition, Detroit EZ locker Hella 500's

The 40 is louder than the 50, but most people really love the sound they get. I personally love it, it's not too loud or too soft, and I get a very strong sound, unlike before.

I put a 40 on my 2000 with the factory pipe. IMHO 90% of the time it sounds great, but sometimes I think it sounds a little rice. I don't know if its just my mood or maby the weather. YMMV?

It sounds great if you are 16. It gets really old on the highway and when you are carrying non 16 year old passengers. Go with Dynomax, same price, subtle rumble that does not deafen you on the highway.

to each his own my good man, I have a 50 series Raven and it's loud in the right places and quiet on the highway... perfect for me. but be careful don't go too big of pipe or you will loose low end torque.... (my 2.75in pipe is too big)
borla makes a wicked sweet exhaust ss and it sounds crazy good

:laugh3: I've got the SUV performance one (I think that it is 50 series?? who knows? I can't remember.) and it sounds great. I live in D.C. where they just changed the laws so that you can't lift any vehicle, so being that my exhaust is nice and quiet (slightly louder than the stock) it helps in not being noticed. As far as sound goes, it's great. Sweet idle sound, awesome sound when you punch it, but my 35's make more noise when I get past 35mph which is nice to a point. It's not annoying on the highway at all, nice soft tone and it by no means sounds rice. Great muffler! :laugh3:

meh... my 40 series sounds NOTHING like rice. at all. maybe it's the hi-flow cat or the cutoff tip or something. it just sounds BURLY - all the time.

wouldn't trade it for anything - and it'll take a HIT, too...

i have a 40 series delta flow, single in dual out, and that thing rips. it sounds really low and throaty... its like my engine is gurgling, it sounds really good. especailly at 1500 rpm when im cruising at 35-40 mph down my rural streets in mass haha

where can i find a flowmaster 40 series for an 00 model? when i select the make and year i have on the websites i found all i get is borla, dynomax, gibson, and magnaflow.

XJNinja said:
where can i find a flowmaster 40 series for an 00 model? when i select the make and year i have on the websites i found all i get is borla, dynomax, gibson, and magnaflow.

Doesn't necessarily mean you can't put that muffler under there... those are 'kits' on the website.. 40 series box, is like 15"x10" or somthin... if you're worried about fitment go Hushpower- or old skool BlueStreak glass packs!

XJNinja said:

www.rustysoffroad.com

Back